The answer in one word “Yes”. But popular advice suggests that you shouldn’t listen to others but listen to your heart and do what you like etc., But for sure everyone would have at some time felt that “ If I knew this I wouldn’t have done this”. So the summary is that you need to listen to what others say. But if you blindly follow what others say you are sure to fail, because there will be different people telling different and often opposite things. One of your friend suggests you to quit the job other asks you to continue. So you need to learn the art of listening to others. To know when to listen to what and how?
Some thoughts and suggestions
- Listen carefully: Listen to people carefully without any biases and prejudices. This will help you to get different perspectives. You may also know more about the person who is telling. If one of your friend is telling you to do something incorrect, then you know the quality of your friend.
- Talk to professionals: It helps to talk to your financial adviser about your investment and to your doctor about your health condition. But for this you should have found a good professional.
- Remember that you own the responsibility: Even if you listen to others you will still know the responsibility for making that decision. So don’t take the suggestion unless you are ready to own the consequences. Don’t listen to your banker and take a loan if you cannot repay it in time.<./li>
- Understand the intent behind the advise: Is that person knows enough about the issue to make the judgment. Is that person qualified to make a suggestion. Is that person genuinely interested in your good. Is that person free from jealously, anger, frustration and other negative emotions.
- Consider the social & organizational power equations of the person who is giving the advice: Advise from a well wisher boss/ Senior in an organization is always useful. You may be causing grater harm by ignoring a powerful person’s advise.
- Last and most important.. Use your intuitive access: Use your intuitive guides and masters. Talk to your spiritual mentor.
Should I listen to my parents and marry someone they chose or should I find my love?
The answer: It depends.. Let me explain.
It depends on
- How smart you are? How much you know about yourself and about the world. How much you know about the other sex?
- How smart your parents are? How much they are mature. Do they know you and the world. Do they understand the current generation?
- If at least one of you are smart, mostly the conflicts won’t occur. The conflict occurs when both are ignorant and lack the skills to manage life. So you need help to solve it.
Is Astrology correct?
It is a wrong question. Astrology is the art and science of knowing the person, world and life. It is now a tool to know future. Unfortunately astrology is used for wrong reasons. If you use thermometer to measure the BP, then the mistake is not of the thermometer but of the user. Similarly astrology should be used to get more insights into problems and opportunities. It is a good tool for SWOT analysis. There is no way you will know future completely. You can make reasonable, educated guess which may come true or not. But many educated guesses are useful in life. If you see a bus in Mysore road with a Name place as Mysore, you can predict that the bus is going to Mysore and will reach in around 3 hours. But it may not reach on time at all or may change the way. So same with all predictions.
Is drinking more water good? Is Banana good for health? Should I do yoga/ Gym? Etc., etc.,
There is nothing universally good or bad. Every medicine in the medical shop is good if taken under medical supervision else it is fatal. Similarly there is nothing universally good or bad. You need to know what is right for you or you should be under the supervision of a right professional.